GAME OF SHADOWS
February 28th, 2017
Ethan Makkai thought that seeing ghosts was the worst of his problems. Between his ethereal gift and life with a single mother hell-bent on watching his every move, he feels imprisoned. When Ethan sees a chance to escape, to leave the house by himself for the first time in his life, he seizes it, unaware that this first taste of freedom will cost him everything.
Ethan is thrown into a strange and eerie world, like nothing he’s ever seen. He’s assaulted by dive-bombing birds and rescued by a stranger who claims to be his bodyguard. His apartment is trashed, and his mother is kidnapped to a place Ethan never knew existed—a hidden continent called Tara.
Travelling to Tara in search of his mother, Ethan discovers that everything he knows about his life is a lie. His mother is royalty. His father is not dead. His destiny is likely to get him killed.
Confronted by a vicious sorcerer determined to destroy the Makkai family, Ethan must garner strength from his gift and embrace his destiny if he’s going to save his mother and all the people of Tara, including the beautiful girl he’s fallen for.
- “A fantastical journey that I didn’t want to end!” ― Sherrilyn Kenyon, #1 New York Times Bestselling Author
- “It’s impossible to put this riveting page-turner down!” ― Stan Lee, Author, Actor, and Former President and Chairman of Marvel Comics
- “This book’s got heart…a wonderful adventure.” ― R. A. Salvatore, New York Times Bestselling Author of The Hunters Blades novels
- “One of those thrilling tales you can’t put down…the perfect blend of imaginative world-building and nonstop action wrapped up in a compelling mystery.” ― D.J. MacHale, New York Times bestselling author of Pendragon and The SYLO Chronicles
- “We were hooked. This is an adventure story for the ages.” ― John Barrowman & Carole Barrowman, Authors of the Hollow Earth Trilogy & Conjuror
- “Riveting from the start.” ― Steven Gould, author of Jumper
- “Lewis has created a whole new world that is at once exciting and affecting…She weaves a web of mythology that is both reminiscent of the Celtic world and redolent of the unique creation of a rich and fertile imagination.” ― Dara Hellman, Lecturer, Celtic Studies Program, University of California, Berkeley